Article 2 - GENERAL INFORMATION:
We are committed to the protection of your privacy while you use our Mobile App.
Article 3 -CONTACT:
The Party responsible for the processing of your personal data is as follows: Exemplary App Developers. The Data Controller may be contacted as follows:
The Data Controller and operator of the Mobile App are one and the same.
Article 4 - LOCATION:
Please be advised the data processing activities take place in the United States, outside the European Economic Area. Data may also be transferred to companies within the United States, but will only be done so in a manner that complies with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR.
Article 5 - MODIFICATIONS AND REVISIONS:
Article 6 - THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE FROM YOU:
Depending on how you use our Mobile App, you will be subject to different types of Personal Data collected and different manners of collection:
Article 7 - THE PERSONAL DATA WE RECEIVE AUTOMATICALLY:
- Account Credentials. In order to use the MeowChowNow Services, you are required to provide an Account Authentication Mechanism (email, phone number, or a third-party social log-in like Facebook or Google). When creating an account, MeowChowNow stores a hashed version of your Account Authentication Mechanism for authentication and/or verification purposes.
- Community Profile Information. When you create a MeowChowNow account, you choose to provide us Personal Data about yourself for your public MeowChowNow profile. For example, in the MeowChowNow App, you may voluntarily provide your Personal Data, such as your photo, display name, relationship status, ethnicity, age or date of birth, gender, pronouns, email address, height, weight, body type, position, social network link, “Looking For,” “About Me,” “Favorites,” “Blocks,” “Accept NSFW Pics,” and any other information that you add to your profile on the MeowChowNow App(“Profile Information”). You also have the option to voluntarily provide health characteristics, such as your COVID Test, STD Test, HIV status or Last Tested Date discussed below. You should carefully consider what Personal Data to include in your Community Profile, and you can review and change that information at any time by accessing the “Edit Profile” section of the App.
- HIV Test Listed. At the recommendation of HIV prevention experts and the community of MeowChowNow users, we give you the option of publishing your health characteristics, such as your HIV status and/or Last Tested Date, in your public MeowChowNow community profile. If you choose to include this information in your profile, it will become public to other users of the MeowChowNow App. As a result, you should carefully consider whether you want to disclose your HIV status and/or Last Tested Date. You can review and change your HIV Status/Last Tested Date information at any time by accessing the “Edit Profile” section of the App. MeowChowNow does not use HIV status for advertising purposes and does not share this information with advertisers. MeowChowNow does use your last tested date to send you periodic reminders to get tested. In order to provide you the MeowChowNow Services, MeowChowNow shares this information only with necessary service providers such as companies that host data on our behalf (Amazon Web Services), provide engineering support (MeowChowNow Taiwan Technology), or help in processing data access requests you initiate (PartnerHero).
- Feedback/Support. If you provide us feedback or contact customer support, we collect your name and e-mail address and possibly other Personal Data (e.g. IP address), as well as any other content that you send to us in order to reply and address any issue. If you contact customer support, we also collect and retain certain technical diagnostic data, such as your phone model. We may keep records of our communication with you, including any complaints we receive from you about other users (and from other users about you).
- Mailing List. When you sign up for the MeowChowNow Services, we collect your email address to send you MeowChowNow news, MeowChowNow Services updates, the latest information on products and services, and third-party offers with your consent.
- Partner Promotion. We collect Personal Data if you provide such data in the context of a Partner Promotion (described below).
- Photos, Videos and Audio. If you upload a photo or video, or send an audio message, while using the MeowChowNow Services, you will be required to permit MeowChowNow to access your camera, photo gallery, and microphone in which case MeowChowNow will have access to the photos and videos stored in your photo gallery.
- Location and Distance Information. When you use the MeowChowNow App, we collect your precise location (e.g. your latitude and longitude) ("Location") to determine your distance in feet or meters from other users (“Distance Information”). Should you choose not to allow the MeowChowNow App to access your Location, certain features (such as displaying nearby user profiles or features that include Live Location Sharing) of the MeowChowNow Services will not function properly. You may also revoke this permission and disable the location services on your device. You can do so on an iPhone by going to Settings, Privacy, Location Services, MeowChowNow; and on Android, by going to Settings, Location, MeowChowNow, Permissions, Location.
- Messages. When you send a message using the MeowChowNow Services (which could include content such as photos, location, audio, video, emoji, etc.) to other users of the MeowChowNow Services, we may collect Personal Data that includes the content of the message.
- User Activity. We collect certain Personal Data that is generated through your use of the MeowChowNow Services. This Personal Data includes information about whose user profiles you have viewed, products and services you have purchased through the MeowChowNow Services, how you’ve interacted with the App, and how you communicate with other users.
We may collect information from you through automatic tracking systems (such as information about your browsing preferences) as well as through information that you volunteer to us (such as information that you provide during a registration process or at other times while using the Mobile App, as described above).
A cookie consists of a reduced set of data transferred to your browser from a web server and it can only be read by the server that made the transfer. This is not executable code and does not transmit viruses.
Article 8 - THIRD PARTIES:
- Technical cookies: Technical cookies, which can also sometimes be called HTML cookies, are used for navigation and to facilitate your access to and use of the site. They are necessary for the transmission of communications on the network or to supply services requested by you. The use of technical cookies allows the safe and efficient use of the site.
You can manage or request the general deactivation or cancelation of cookies through your browser. If you do this though, please be advised this action might slow down or prevent access to some parts of the site.
Cookies may also be retransmitted by an analytics or statistics provider to collect aggregated information on the number of users and how they visit the Mobile App. These are also considered technical cookies when they operate as described.
Temporary session cookies are deleted automatically at the end of the browsing session - these are mostly used to identify you and ensure that you don't have to log in each time - whereas permanent cookies remain active longer than just one particular session.
- Third-party cookies: We may also utilize third-party cookies, which are cookies sent by a third-party to your computer. Permanent cookies are often third-party cookies. The majority of third-party cookies consist of tracking cookies used to identify online behavior, understand interests and then customize advertising for users.
Third-party analytical cookies may also be installed. They are sent from the domains of the aforementioned third parties external to the site. Third-party analytical cookies are used to detect information on user behavior on our Mobile App. This place anonymously, in order to monitor the performance and improve the usability of the site. Third-party profiling cookies are used to create profiles relating to users, in order to propose advertising in line with the choices expressed by the users themselves.
- Profiling cookies: We may also use profiling cookies, which are those that create profiles related to the user and are used in order to send advertising to the user's browser.
When these types of cookies are used, we will receive your explicit consent.
- Support in configuring your browser: You can manage cookies through the settings of your browser on your device. However, deleting cookies from your browser may remove the preferences you have set for this Mobile App.
For further information and support, you can also visit the specific help page of the web browser you are using:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-us/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
- Log Data: Like all websites and mobile applications, this Mobile App also makes use of log files that store automatic information collected during user visits. The different types of log data could be as follows:
The aforementioned information is processed in an automated form and collected in an exclusively aggregated manner in order to verify the correct functioning of the site, and for security reasons. This information will be processed according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
- internet protocol (IP) address
- type of browser and device parameters used to connect to the Mobile App
- name of the Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- date and time of visit
- web page of origin of the user (referral) and exit
- possibly the number of clicks.
For security purposes (spam filters, firewalls, virus detection), the automatically recorded data may also possibly include Personal Data such as IP address, which could be used, in accordance with applicable laws, in order to block attempts at damage to the Mobile App or damage to other users, or in the case of harmful activities or crime. Such data are never used for the identification or profiling of the user, but only for the protection of the Mobile App and our users. Such information will be treated according to the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
We may utilize third-party service providers ("Third-Party Service Providers"), from time to time or all the time, to help us with our Mobile App, and to help serve you.
We may use Third-Party Service Providers to assist with information storage (such as cloud storage).
We may provide some of your Personal Data to Third-Party Service Providers in order to help us track usage data, such as referral websites, dates and times of page requests, etc. We use this information to understand patterns of usage of, and to improve, the Mobile App.
We may use Third-Party Service Providers to host the Mobile App. In this instance, the Third-Party Service Provider will have access to your Personal Data.
We may use Third-Party Service Providers to fulfill orders in relation to the Mobile App.
Your Personal Data will not be sold or otherwise transferred to other third parties without your approval.
In general, you may request that we do not share your Personal Data with third parties. Please contact us via email, if so. Please be advised that you may lose access to certain services that we rely on third-party providers for.
Article 9 - HOW PERSONAL DATA IS STORED:
We use secure physical and digital systems to store your Personal Data when appropriate. We ensure that your Personal Data is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction.
Please note, however, that no system involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, is completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of your Personal Data very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data.
Personal Data is stored throughout your relationship with us. We delete your Personal Data upon request for cancelation of your account or other general request for the deletion of data.
In the event of a breach of your Personal Data, you will be notified in a reasonable time frame, but in no event later than two weeks, and we will follow all applicable laws regarding such breach.
Article 10 - PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA:
We primarily use your Personal Data to help us provide a better experience for you on our Mobile App and to provide you the services and/or information you may have requested, such as use of our Mobile App.
Information that does not identify you personally, but that may assist in providing us broad overviews of our customer base, will be used for market research or marketing efforts. Such information may include, but is not limited to, interests based on your cookies.
Personal Data that may be considering identifying may be used for the following:
Article 11 - DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA:
- Improving your personal user experience
- Communicating with you about your user account with us
- Marketing and advertising to you, including via email
- Fulfilling your purchases
- Providing customer service to you
- Advising you about updates to the Mobile App or related Items
Although our policy is to maintain the privacy of your Personal Data as described herein, we may disclose your Personal Data if we believe that it is reasonable to do so in certain cases, in our sole and exclusive discretion. Such cases may include, but are not limited to:
Article 12 - PUBLIC INFORMATION:
- To satisfy any local, state, or Federal laws or regulations
- ) To respond to requests, such discovery, criminal, civil, or administrative process, subpoenas, court orders, or writs from law enforcement or other governmental or legal bodies
- As may be necessary for the operation of our Mobile App
- To generally cooperate with any lawful investigation about our users
- If we suspect any fraudulent activity on our Mobile App or if we have noticed any activity which may violate our terms or other applicable rules
We may allow users to post their own content or information publicly on our Mobile App. Such content or information may include, but is not limited to, photographs, status updates, blogs, articles, or other personal snippets. Please be aware that any such information or content that you may post should be considered entirely public and that we do not purport to maintain the privacy of such public information.
Article 13 - OPTING OUT OF TRANSMITTALS FROM US:
From time to time, we may send you informational or marketing communications related to our Mobile App such as announcements or other information. If you wish to opt-out of such communications, you may contact the following email: email@example.com. You may also click the opt-out link which will be provided at the bottom of any and all such communications.
Please be advised that even though you may opt-out of such communications, you may still receive information from us that is specifically about your use of our Mobile App or about your account with us.
By providing any Personal Data to us, or by using our Mobile App in any manner, you have created a commercial relationship with us. As such, you agree that any email sent from us or third-party affiliates, even unsolicited email, shall specifically not be considered SPAM, as that term is legally defined.
Article 14 - MODIFYING, DELETING, AND ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION:
If you wish to modify or delete any information we may have about you, or you wish to simply access any information we have about you, you may reach out to us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Article 15 - ACCEPTANCE OF RISK:
Article 16 - YOUR RIGHTS:
You have many rights in relation to your Personal Data. Specifically, your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed about the processing of your Personal Dat
- the right to have access to your Personal Data
- the right to update and/or correct your Personal Data
- the right to portability of your Personal Data
- the right to oppose or limit the processing of your Personal Data
- the right to request that we stop processing and delete your Personal Data
- the right to block any Personal Data processing in violation of any applicable law
- the right to launch a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in the United States or applicable data protection authority in another jurisdiction
Article 17 - CONTACT INFORMATION: